Launch your career with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® as a driver and discover the opportunities for growth into an office position or movement to other franchises. At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® your opportunities for growth are endless. More than one quarter of our franchise owners originally started as employees in our system!
As a driver, you will have a partner and together you provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer's possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labor with their customer service talents.
- Drive to and from moving jobs, as well as with customer possessions during moves
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
- Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with customer
- Perform truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Accurately complete paperwork and payment collection
Because moving is stressful, we seek candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Drivers must be 21 or older due to insurance restrictions
- Prior moving, van line, furniture delivery, or large package delivery is a plus but not necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Experience in the fields of general labor, landscaping, construction or warehouse helpful
- Strong logic and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of dollars, weight measurement, volume, distance and time)
- Stamina to lift heavy items (100 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Willing and able to pass a criminal and driving background check and drug-screen prior to employment